Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

More Waiting

On Wednesday  my hcg was 669, and yesterday it jumped up to 1024. Crap. It didn't quite double, but now I'm seriously looking at the possibility of an ectopic. On ultrasound, most pregnancies can't be picked up until your levels reach at least 1000 which means in my case dr. J wouldn't have been able to see anything anyways.

I have to go in tomorrow (Sunday) for another scan. This time she may be able to see something. If it isn't in my uterus, the I have to go ahead with the methotrexate shot because it means there is something somewhere causing my hcg to continue to rise. So this is why I haven't started my heavy bleeding yet.

I'm so scared right now. I was really hoping that this would have ended quickly and not be drawn out like this with all the uncertainty. What I'm most afraid of is the shot. We won't be able to try for sometime afterwards because it strips your body of folic acid which could lead to neural tube defects in a subsequent pregnancy. And also, it's a pretty strong drug.

What if I see a baby in the right spot tomorrow? Could I really be that lucky? I'm guessing not since my numbers should have been rising faster than this. I will continue to hope that this all turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment