Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hello Friends

Yep, posting twice in one day...I so far have kept my blog quiet not sure if I want to share it with people..but I'm thinking I'll go for it. I have really only told one person about everything we have done up to this point and as nerve wracking as it was, I felt momentary relief that I got it out to someone other than my poor husband.

But, I still have my reservations. Pros of sharing: I can finally talk about one of the most important things going in my life with the most important people in my life. So far I've shared my thoughts and hopes with complete strangers on Baby Center. Those girls have been with me from the very beginning and know everything and have been so supportive. Another pro: I won't have to repeat myself to anyone or have anyone give me that "poor you" look that I have been getting when asked if I'm pregnant yet and I say we're still trying.

Cons: people just don't talk about this stuff. People who have never gone through it don't know what to say or end of saying something really hurtful (please see RESOLVE link for etiquette in supporting friends or family going through infertility or pregnancy loss). Another con: well, it's kinda embarrassing/private/sometimes to much information/maybe didn't really want to know type of information. I get it... I'm sure Dad really doesn't want to read about me trying to make babies (sorry dad)... But there are so many misconceptions about people struggling to have a baby, that more people need to speak about what they have gone through.

So, friends, if you are reading this, don't be upset that I have not told you any of this. I'm not sorry, but I am relieved that you care enough to check in on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment