Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

cat + dog=crazy

So our morning (and evening) routine is a bit hectic with having two high-needs animals and it almost feels like it would be getting ready for a baby (minus waking up multiple times in the night)... In the morning, it is a juggling act of rotating the animals in the house so that they don't go after each other. Rosie goes first outside, then we bring her in and I have to get Bob's food ready so that he can get his insulin injection. And because I feel so guilty about leaving him in the basement so long, I sit down there with him for awhile.

Then it's back up to where Rosie wants to play and Richard (our nickname, if you will, for Bob) is meowing at the basement door. And all I want is my coffee and a little time on the internet! So by the time everyone is fed, injected and pottied, it's off to work a little later than I had planned where I then get to spend the day with 17 high needs kids!

Routine repeats itself at night where Richard gets his injection, Rosie goes outside and then we have to lure her into her room for the evening. She is really catching on, she knows that after the night potty break, she comes in and gets a treat. Rosie keeps me honest... I haven't had this much physical activity in a long time and it feels really good to get out and walk her or play "fetch-the-ball-then-chase-after-me". I can only assume that those good endorphins are helping to relieve the stress of this whole journey to motherhood that I have been on for entirely too long.

Writing this doesn't make it seem so bad, but for some reason it feels a little crazy sometimes! I love having Rosie in our family (she's official as of yesterday when I got her dog tags) but I'm wondering how crazy it's going to be when we actually have a baby to add to it all! It is a challenge that I will wholeheartedly accept...with a little groaning along the way, I'm sure..

No comments:

Post a Comment