Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Starting Over, Again... Take 2

The tests I had done were a repeat TSH test that came back in the normal range, which is good, especially since I hadn't had it checked since I started Synthroid in September. The other two tests were for more clotting factors: PAI-1 and Factor XIII V34L.

In my search to find out what those were (never heard of them!) I found that they are both inherited gene mutations and that they can lead to clotting. PAI-1 is also responsible for implantation failure.

So, wouldn't you know it, I came back positive, heterozygous for PAI-1 (4G/5G). FML. The treatment is Lovenox, a blood thinner. I am still waiting for the results of the Factor XIII test and the decision for Lovenox (and that's a whole other story).

So this time, I asked to be put on 7.5mg of Femara to see if I could get a better response on my left side. I did!!! At my cd9 check, I had a good 19mm follicle on the right side, and a 15.5mm follicle on the left, with another smaller one on the left as well. I returned the next day and ended up with the 19mm on the right still, and the left had a 16.5 and a 15.5mm follicle.

So I got the true joy of injecting myself in the stomach with HCG that night! It wasn't too bad, just weird that I was doing it myself!

After the trigger Friday night, we went in for our first ever IUI on Monday morning. Stu was of course not happy about the whole arrangement, but was a champ. We got back pretty good numbers with 100% forward progressing swimmers! The IUI was a breeze with no pain or anything at all. It took less than a minute and I got to stay reclined for another 5 minutes afterwards.

So now, I am in my TWW. I am nervous and excited, hopeful and terrified. All emotions are high as I wait to test next week to see if we could have possibly gotten lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment